Thursday, February 09, 2006

A day that will live in Infamy

Well I learned how to do Zilart Mission 4 the hard way and didn't complete it.

For the life of me I remember getting the Kazham cutscene awhile ago when I did ZM3, right down to the feathers the chieftaness was wearing, and her jibe about Gilgamesh. I remember that damn Mithra talking to me and giving me a key. But I've learned that I shouldn't trust my memory on something like this... there might have been something I decided to do right before the CS and I dreamt the rest up or maybe the power went out (very common here), whatever. I've got to check the mission log before each mission, no matter how sure I am that I'm ready.

So you've probably already guessed it, but I basically went through the hell of doing ZM4 with a random pickup group (people not following directions, getting lost [raises hand], getting agro, the usual crap), and got to the BCNM a few hours later (that's right... 3.5 hours to be exact). Everyone went in, except for yours truely. The door was 'locked tight'. >.> My heart nearly stopped when this happened.

At least I didn't cost them the mission. They completed it, while I cried outside the door and felt like the worlds biggest ass, not only for wasting my own time, but for potentially jeopardizing what everyone else had worked so hard for.

Yep, this is how I missed my LS's ZM train. They left the station, and I could have caught up tonight, but I was careless & missed my chance.

Let us never speak of this again.

I'll talk to the LS tomorrow to see if anyone still needs ZM4 and wants to do it... if not, & they're moving on with the rest of them, I think it'll be time for me to take my leave from the LS for good. I've heard of these situations before, and once the majority of the LS gets Sky access, it's curtains for anyone else. It looks like I might not be HNM LS material after all, which I already knew, but I thought this LS was going to be a little different.

Soundtrack: Brian Eno (Instrumentals, Vol. 2), Boards of Canada (Music Has a Right to Children)

2 comments:

Boa Valenwood said...

You have no idea how many times I've done that before. Welcome to Vana'diel, lol. There's gonna be quite a few "locked shut" doors in the future too. And don't give up, keep poking your LS. For people that have done the mission once already, it shaves off at least half the time it takes to get there.

I hope.

Paul Bauman said...

Thanks Strawberrie! It's good to hear I'm not the only one who has goofed here.

I'm going to give it another try tonight (and yes, I did the CS before I passed out last night, and yes, I'll check my mission log anyway tonight >< ).

Unfortunately, I didn't win any lots for the lanterns, so unless 4 people already have them, I see Maledictors in my future again.

But I know the layout & sequence a lot better now and have a fully marked up set of maps complete with a big "DON'T GO HERE, YOU NINNY!" sign on one particular spot.

>.>