Friday, July 20, 2007

To blog or not to blog

Another long pause between posts. My free time is really dwindling, to the point where even lunch at work consists of stuffing my face as I continue coding. So...I'm running out of places in the day to compose my thoughts and type something up.

Blogging about FFXI is becoming part of the opportunity cost when I decide to log on and actually play FFXI rather than blog about it. That said, I'll put up a quick entry while my kids are getting ready for bed.

I've accomplished quite a few things this week, some solo, some with the help of my friends.

Feon and his group assisted me in completing ZM6, which was a fun fight, excepting the part where I ate an Eagle Eye Shot when my shadows were down, and died on the next strike. Hooray for no EXP loss in ZM BC fights!

img_20070714_064908.png

img_20070714_064957.png

A couple of evenings later, Feon invited me to participate in the slaying of the Quadav king: Za'Dha Adamantking. It was a longish fight, mostly because Za'Dha is a WHM and used Benediction at one point, later followed by high Cure spam. But we eventually took him down and got our title, albeit no 10-million-gil-club dropped.

img_20070715_063121.png

img_20070715_071120.png

With the assistance of the Roughnecks, I've reached level 42 on my WHM. Although this was my initial goal for the job, I'm seriously considering a longer WHM career, if only for the fun of it. I do enjoy the job, I won't lie.

img_20070716_065536.png

On the solo front, I completed my Blessed Hammer quest, then went on to kill many of Marchelute's cousins in Fei'Yin for a relatively quick key drop (about 1.5 to 2 hours) and eventual completion of my Teleport-Vahzl quest. Yes, I'm now a full fledged teleport monkey!

img_20070717_060915.png

3 comments:

Moe said...

Well someone has to like whm >.>
And good job on the Beastmen king. I should get 75 just to join in XD

Moe said...

Oh and yea Paul, Kinda seems like we have o.O;; I'll let you have my Giest earrings for some sweet WAR stuff :P

Hyourin said...

Sorry, its been awhile since I've visited.

Reading FFXI blogs as well as bloging my own has also been an opportunity cost of sorts.

Good job on CoP. Thus far, CoP has been a love/hate relationship for me. Hate to spend time doing it, love it when I get to go to bed with something accomplished.

My friend Rav also ate an Eagle Eye Shot with his shadows down during our ZM fight. Funny how its not all that uncommon.

Keep the good news coming Fro.

- Hyourin