Monday, January 30, 2006

Immediate Goals

I've pondered my options and have decided there are a few things I need to do before proceeding with the Limit Break quest and moving onward beyond level 60.

First of all, I need to seriously hone my Great Axe skill. During the Dual Viking Axes and post-Rampage binge from level 55 onward, I neglected to equip my Great Axe in parties, mostly because I didn't want to compromise the chosen skillchain, but also because I'd grown increasingly wary of the high delay of this weapon when compared to the evasion capabilities of the enemies we were killing. A miss with this type of weapon really hurts, and at 55 I was already missing a bit with my Axes, even with somewhere between 27 or 29 bonus points to my accuracy in addition to eating Sole Sushi. I shuddered to think how badly I would miss without the +10 accuracy on each Axe. In hindsight, I should have sucked it up and equipped the Executioner anyway. My skill is at 175, and current maximum is 203 for my level. I've got work to do. Warriors... don't let this happen to you.

I need to complete my Artifact Armour set. Granted the 2 that I'm missing, the Fighters Cuisses and Fighters Lorica aren't entirely necessary, but I won't feel like I've graduated into upper 'warriorhood' until I have the full set ;)

I need to get my Ninja subjob to level 37 once and for all. I stopped at 32, mostly out of embarrasment at my gear (no Emperor Hairpin), but also because I needed to complete a couple of additional Ninjutsu quests that would assist me in keeping the enemies' attention during battle. I've completed both quests, using my Warrior's higher level to wander freely through Yhoator and Yuhtunga Jungles without fear of meddling beastmen. And at this point in my career, I don't really care about being the best Ninja I can be. I'll be as functional as I need to be, and that doesn't require an Emperor Hairpin. If people scoff, let them scoff. 80% of the parties in the 32-37 areas are first timers anyway; they don't really know what lies ahead, and most of them have purchased their gil, so their gear snobbery is a bit hollow to me.

I need to get my Thief subjob (level 26) up to par as well, since using Sneak Attack and various weapon skills can greatly assist parties and allows more flexibility with skillchaining. In my drive for the Haubergeon, I sold all of my Thief gear, so this will take some time and preparation. I'll put it on the back burner.

No comments: